Teachers Retreat: Creative Sequencing & Yoga Business Training
YOGA – LEARN – SURF – RECHARGE
11 – 16 September 2019
Imagine taking the time to recharge your yoga teacher batteries, to focus on your own growth both in your teaching and in your business and to do it with the support of likeminded and inspiring souls on the same journey as you…
This teacher training and retreat is for yoga teachers who want to:
- Learn advanced teaching techniques that will give you a broader and deeper set of skills and insights to bring into your personal practice and your teaching.
- Learn how to use digital marketing tools and techniques to connect with your ideal students, build a community online and create long-lasting student relationships that enable you to fill your classes, workshops and retreats.
Designed for qualified yoga teachers, this retreat offers the opportunity to learn from senior teachers and professionals at the top of their field and is the perfect balance of a yoga retreat and teacher training.
You’ll leave feeling refreshed and inspired to teach at your very best!
The daily structure provides time and space for profound advanced learning and business growth, set within the Portuguese hills.
You’ll have plenty of time each day to chill out, go for walks, read a book, journal or whatever your heart desires.
We’ll even head to the nearby beaches to learn to surf!
This retreat is as much about relaxing and recharging as it is learning – you’ll boost your confidence with new skills and feel energised and excited to fully and authentically share your love of yoga.
International Senior Yoga Teacher and author of The Yoga Mentor, Celest Pereira, will lead you on the following sessions spread over the retreat:
Planning, Structure & Deliver Your Best Class Every Time
- Discover top teaching tips that apply to all teaching environments and situations.
- Explore how to present the very best you in every class so that you can guide and lead the room with confidence and joy.
- Learn Celest’s process for structuring and planning classes so that students come back again and again.
- Discover the key elements to transform sequencing from the mundane to the exceptional.
- Take part in strategic games that heighten creativity and give you a fresh outlook on what to do in class to make it new and fun.
- Use your new sense of creativity to construct sequences that inspire your students and help you to retain numbers in your classes.
- Explore and learn new ways to find inspiration for your classes and discover how to authentically weave themes into your teaching.
- Learn how to apply this knowledge to the general population and how to adapt sequences for any level of practitioner.
- Ultimately, learn how to create a sequence and structure for your class that truly works and have the confidence to deliver it every time.
- Delve straight in with a recap of yoga surface anatomy and an understanding of the functional biomechanics of a healthy, injury-free body.
- Discover the parts of the body that are often neglected in yoga and learn how to use simple strategies to activate those parts of the body through the practice in order to bring more balance to the body.
- Learn how to teach anatomical cues and speak in a language that is easily digestible and understood by the class.
- Gain confidence to treat specific common injuries encountered in class and learn how to self rehab basic injuries.
Founder of Digital Yoga Academy, Marketing Professional and Yoga Teacher Kelly McHugh will lead you on the following sessions spread over the retreat:
Yoga Business Vision Goal Setting
- Get clear on your yoga business vision!
- Explore where you want to be in your yoga business one year, five years and ten years from now.
Yoga Niche and Branding
- Learn why you need a brand for your yoga business.
- Discover how to find your yoga niche and your authentic tone of voice that resonates with your ideal students.
- Get creative using Canva and learn how to easily create your own style guide of brand fonts and colours and a simple text based logo. If you already have a logo, you’ll work on other areas of your brand in Canva.
The Yoga Business Digital Marketing Toolbox
- Understand the digital marketing landscape and the tools available for growing your audience online and building relationships with your students outside of the studio.
- Learn and implement digital marketing best practices
- Discover how to grow your tribe on social media and how to create authentic content for Facebook & Instagram.
- Learn how to turn your website visitors into students (learn this now even if you don’t yet have a website), how to ensure you’re found on Google and drive traffic to your website.
- Get started with email marketing to build long lasting relationships with your students (we’ll set up Mailchimp together, an automated welcome email and newsletter template!).
- Use tools such as WordPress, Canva, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and much more and delve into the technology that supports a successful marketing strategy for your yoga business.
What others are saying…
What a great yoga teacher retreat! A brilliant combination of me-time, yoga, sequencing and business chat. I came away feeling refreshed, recharged and really inspired. I’d fully recommend to any yoga teacher feeling in need of a little TLC, inspiration or digital marketing knowhow!
Step into another world upon arrival at our retreat villa, 70km north of Lisbon in the picturesque village of Columbeira.
Breathe in the fresh countryside air filled with the fragrance of fruit forest that surrounds this secret oasis nestled in the Portuguese hills. Get ready to relax in the vast grounds and enjoy stunning, healing sunsets.
The villa and grounds boast a luxurious, rustic set up and offer many spots to practice yoga, hang out and escape the sun. Cool down in the pool and explore the many terraces and extensive mediterranean gardens, meditation spaces and rural land.
Enjoy an abundance of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables, from the villa’s garden and local markets.
All meals are based on the philosophy of whole foods, avoiding processed foods and preservatives.
In the morning , you’ll enjoy a healthy and energising breakfast which includes fresh fruit, homemade granola, freshly baked bread and banana bread among other things.
Depending on the daily schedule, you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch either at the villa or packed up for the beach. Dinner on the terrace after an active day is the perfect spot to take in the sunset.
Enjoy fresh coffee, herbal teas and purified water as much as you wish.
DATES & COST
11 – 16 September 2019
Book by 15th May 2019: £1195 (early bird)
Book after 15th May 2019: £1395 (standard)
- Flights are not included. Lisbon is the closest airport.
- There will be one group transfer (included) on arrival and departure days between Lisbon Airport and villa.
- Prices are based on sharing a twin and double occupancy room (come with your yoga teacher training buddies, besties or make new friends with your roomies!).
HOW TO BOOK
Please email email@example.com to confirm your booking and to receive details for payment.
Kelly will email the payment details to you. To secure your booking, please pay a £300 non-refundable deposit or the full amount within 12 hours of bookings.
Pay the remaining balance by 1st August 2019.
We want to make our yoga retreats accessible to as many people as possible and are open to setting up a payment plan in certain situations.
We can’t wait for you to join us!
Love Kelly & Celest xx